Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Curse of the Cornucopia

I should have known this day would be full of mishaps when my lovely daughter told me my hair looked like a cornucopia first thing this morning.

I had my hair up in hot rollers when Blueberry walked by the bathroom, did a double take, and started laughing hysterically. I asked her what was so funny and that is when she informed me, in between giggles, that my hair looked like a cornucopia. Seriously? Where did she even come up with that word? It certainly isn't part of our everyday vocabulary. A little miffed, I asked her if she even knew what a cornucopia is. She explained it perfectly. So, I guess my head looked like this.
----------------------------------------------------------
We always have tons of goodies at work before Christmas. One of the girls brought in grape jelly meatballs today. Sounds gross, tastes delish. Anyway, I joined everyone in the back to sample the meatballs. As I attempted to cut one of the meatballs (I had two) with my plastic fork the fork snapped in half, my meatballs flew off the plate, bounced off my chest, and rolled across the floor. There was a moment of stunned silence and then everyone around me burst into laughter. Not only was the front of my shirt covered in BBQ-ey sauce, but there was a trail of sauce across the floor. No, I was not allowed to go home and change. Or crawl back into bed and start the day over.
------------------------------------------------------------
Because we live in the frozen tundra we all have small space heaters under our desks at work. If we didn't, we would have to come to work in snowsuits and gloves. Yes, it really is that cold in the office. I was sitting at my desk, minding my own business, when I happened to look down and noticed a big black mark on my heater. After further investigation I discovered the black mark was a melted rubber-like substance. It didn't take long to figure out that I had melted part of the sole of my boot on my heater. I did not realize I had been resting my foot on the front of the heater. I know, I am lucky my leg did not not start on fire.
------------------------------------------------------------
I am now getting ready to workout. Let's hope I don't drop a bar bell on my foot!

2 comments:

Sassymama said...

I absolutely love reading your blog. You are hysterical!

1. Tell me your shirt wasn't also white with the meatball mishap!

2. One time I was sitting by a fire roasting marshmellows in Montana, when most people had enough sense to stay indoors. I had my feet propped up on the rocks by the fire and all of a sudden my foot became hot. The sole of my sorrell boots became so hot it grew a rubber bubble! I jumped up and stomped my foot, bubble popped and I had an indent to always remind me to keep my distance by a fire. LOL!

Merry Christmas

Kim said...

Jocelyn,
Your stories always crack me up!

Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful girl!

Kim