Monday, November 28, 2011

And Then There Were Four

We are adding on to our family.

Sorry to disappoint, we are not having a human baby.

We adopted a puppy!  She is an eight week old Cavachon named Bella. 


The cutest thing you ever did see.  I have never been much of an indoor dog person.  As a matter of fact, I always vehemently said I would never have a dog in the house.  Someday I'll learn to never say never.  Especially when going up against Hubs and Blueberry.

Blueberry has wanted a puppy forever.  Of course I always said no.  Then Hubs came into the picture and he has wanted a dog for a long time as well.  We have been talking about getting a dog, did some research into different breeds, etc but hadn't come to any final decisions. 

Last Friday Hubs and I went out Black Friday shopping and Hubs wanted to go to the pet store just to look.  Saturday we went back to the pet store to buy.  We hadn't told Blueberry anything about being at the pet store.  We decided it would be her early Christmas present.  She stayed home with Hubs parents while we made the hour drive back to Fargo to get our puppy. 

When we got home and Blueberry saw Bella for the first time she was kind of in shock.  I don't think she ever thought her puppy dream would come true, being how she has such a mean mom and all.  Needless to say Bella is the princess of the house these days.  I went home for lunch today and Hubs was holding a sleeping Bella telling me to be quiet as I came in the house.  Blueberry is smitten and has not complained once about having to take her outside to do her business (I am not comletely delusional in thinking that will last forever). I even like the little fur ball.  It is kind of fun to have her curl up on my lap and snuggle.

No comments: