Friday, July 12, 2013

One Month... In Peanut's Words


Hi y'all.  Today I am one month old.  My how time flies.  At least that's what my mom says.  I'm changing tons already.  According to the doctor today I am nine pounds!  Getting to be a chunker!  Here are some of the highlights of my first month out in the great big world:
 
I sleep pretty well at night.  After Mom puts me to bed, I usually sleep four to five hours.  (That's right, I'm awesome).  After that I'm up every two and a half to three hours.  Can't let Mom forget that I am only a month old!  Wanna hear something really funny?  I don't nap well during the day.  Around noon I pop my eyes open and that's how they stay for the rest of the afternoon/evening.  Oh, I will take small cat naps here and there, fifteen, twenty minutes if Mom's lucky but I don't sleep long stretches and I spend a lot of that time crying screaming.  Mom does not find it amusing but I enjoy the look on her face when she just gets going on doing dishes/making supper/napping/going to the bathroom and I start wailing.  Pretty funny y'all.
 
Since I don't nap well during the day I've decided to give Mom a break when it comes to riding in the car.  The last two days I have been really good about not crying when I am put into my car seat.  And I've even fallen asleep a time or two.  Gotta throw Mom a bone here and there.
 
I eat like a champ and as a result poop like a champ.  I embarrassed my sister today at the doctors office when I started tooting and then pooped a good one.  In the waiting room.  In front of a lot of people.  The horrified look on her face was worth any humiliation I had to go through. 
 
Speaking of the doctors office, I have a blocked tear duct.  Super annoying as my eye is always oozing a lovely green goop and it is super red and painful looking (that's what Mom and Blueberry keep saying anyway).  The doctor gave mom drops that she is supposed to put in my eye four times a day.  I make sure to squeeze my eyes shut and even cry, just to make it that much harder for Mom to get the drops where they are supposed to go.  I have to admit, she does outsmart me though.  If I start crying she pops a bottle in my mouth and my eyes fly open and wham! she squirts the drops in.  I need to remember to keep my eyes shut.  No.  Matter.  What. 
 
This picture shows my red eye a little better.  Mom cleaned the goop out of it before the picture so unfortunately, you don't get to see how attractive that is!
 
That's the most exciting stuff so far.  Of course, it goes without saying that I am adorable and as maddening as I can be at times, I'm sure my family wouldn't trade me for anything.
 
Til next time...

No comments: