Peanut is nine months old already! She's been on the outside now as long as she was on the inside! She is changing every day. Let's see, she crawls like a champ, walks along the furniture, and has even been brave enough to stand without holding onto anything for a few seconds a few times.
This little girl can be the sweetest Peanut there ever was but she is also developing quite a temper! If her big sister rubs her the wrong way, or we try to take something away from her, or I don't give her my iPad when she wants it, she lets out a blood curdling scream. She definitely knows what she wants these days and woe to anyone who won't bow to her every demand!
She loves to be outside. Blueberry has taken her out for a couple of short walks in the stroller and she giggles and kicks her legs. It has still been too cold to be out for long for the most part, but I'm excited for the weather to warm up and snow to melt so she can crawl around in the grass.
Peanut is eating really well. She still gets baby food but is more and more eating whatever we are eating. If she likes it we can't get it to her fast enough, if not, she is really good at spitting it out. So far she loves chicken, hamburger, fish, rice, carrots, bananas, cheese, pudding, applesauce, and most baby food. I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting right now.
Blueberry and Peanut are pretty good pals. It doesn't take much for Blueberry to get her to smile. She's taught Peanut how to climb up the stairs and now they need to work on getting down the stairs! Peanut can clap, play peek a boo, and is starting to get the hang of waving "hi". She loves Bella and I swear she even says Bella's name.
Her sleeping habits need some work! She slept through the night for a very brief time and now is up two or three times a night. Most of the time she will take her pacifier or bottle and go right back to sleep. Some nights I have to rock her to get her back to sleep. At times I'm torn. While I desperately would like a full nights sleep, I also know that my days of rocking and snuggling her are numbered. I try to remind myself of that fact on the worst nights and just try to enjoy the snuggles while I can.
2 comments:
That photo with Bella & the girls is the most adorable thing I've seen in a long time! :-)
Oh, SO darling. You just made Grandma's day! Looking forward to seeing you all......
Love, G'ma Judy
Post a Comment