Yesterday was my birthday. As birthday's go it had its good moments and its hideous moments. The day started out on a good note. Lots of birthday loves and snuggles from Blueberry. Lots of treats at work (cherry cheesecake, brownies, crackers and dip, fresh cherries). Around noon I felt a headache coming on. I took some Aleve thinking it would knock it out. Nope. It just kept getting worse. At 4:00 my boss sent me home because she said I looked horrible and was afraid I was going to "tip over".
When I got home I stuck an ice pack on my head and tried to lay down where it was semi-dark. Nothing was working. At 5:00 I had to go pick up Blueberry from a friend's house. I didn't think I was going to make it. My head was pounding and I thought I was going to throw up. When we finally got back home I managed to heat up leftovers for Blueberry's dinner and once again collapsed on the couch. My sister was kind enough to take Blueberry to swimming lessons for me and when she got home from that we pretty much just went to bed.
I can't remember the last time I had a headache that bad and I hope it's a very long time before I have another one! It was awful. Before she left for swimming, Blueberry started crying and told me that she felt bad for me because I was sick and it was my birthday and that's not how birthday's were supposed to go. Awww. Sweet girl.
I'd like to make a little side note to my rebellious body.... the next time you would like to inform me of my increasing age, how about you do me a favor and just reveal a gray hair or add another fat pocket somewhere instead, mmmkay? Thanks.
No comments:
Post a Comment