Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Ah, Working Out...

Now that I'm into my 30's I've noticed that I can no longer eat whatever I want, whenever I want, and expect my pants to fit the next day. I never used to have weight issues. I could eat one of everything on McDonald's menu and not gain a pound. Now, if I so much as drive by a restaurant and glance over at it, a new fat pocket forms somewhere on my thighs, belly or rear end. My clothes are all getting to be too tight but I'm too stubborn to buy the next size up. This weekend I decided I have two options... start eating better and working out (which makes me want to cry) or go naked (which makes everyone around me want to cry). Thus begins my diet lifestyle change.

Tonight I was doing a workout DVD and Blueberry thought it would be helpful to be my coach. So, not only did I have Jillian Michaels yelling at me to "PUSH THROUGH THE PAIN, DON'T STOP, KEEP MOVING, A BODY LIKE THIS DOESN'T COME FREE", I had Blueberry telling me that I was being a wimp because the modified version of the exercises was kicking my butt. At one point she picked up weights and joined me in my agony. As she was lifting the weights she said "Oh my word, I was looking for a challenge and this isn't doing it for me". An involuntary laugh tried to escape my lips, however, due to my muscles screaming in pain and the lack of oxygen in my system, all I could manage was a pathetic whimper.

I did make it through the rest of my torture without passing out and I think I even felt .00001 of a pound melt away! I just hope I can still walk and lift my arms tomorrow.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so funny! You should try writing a book. With Blueberry as your co-author :)

Julie said...

Ahhhhh, Jillian...yes, she does kick butt...Dallas too, laughs at me when I do the modified version. At least Blueberry has her age thing going for her, D doesn't have an excuse not to be working out next to me. :)

Unknown said...

I agree with Jami! You need to start to write a book! Great sence of humur, you will be wetting pants all over the world! Great to have you back on line. love and miss you so much too. We will indeed be having that cup of chocolate and cookies!