Monday, November 29, 2010

Snow, Thanksgiving and a Ring...

Thanksgiving is officially over.  The original plan was to leave town last Wednesday for Thanksgiving with SV's family.  The weather report was not good for Wednesday, lots of snow was on the forecast so I decided to take Wednesday off work and drive out Tuesday night instead.  Soooo glad we did that.  It snowed most of the day Wednesday and I was glad to already be where we were going.

Thanksgiving was good.  Dinner with SV's family, played a little Wii, relaxed, ate way too much.  Lots of laughs, Black Friday planning (for the crazy people who got up at 4:00 am to shop.  I chose to sleep in!), crashed in bed with visions of turkey and pie dancing in our heads.

The day after Thanksgiving was even better.  SV and his brother went shopping at 4:00 am.  Blueberry and I slept soundly in our beds.  After the boys were done shopping we met the rest of the family for lunch and then the three of us, me, Blueberry and SV went to the mall.  I wanted to check out the bookstore.  The rest of the afternoon was pretty quiet.  Ordered dinner in, and just relaxed. 

After Blueberry went to bed SV and I were going to watch a movie.  Got the movie in and ready to go when SV presented me with a GORGEOUS ring and asked me to marry him!!  We have been talking about getting married and I knew it was coming but I had no idea when or how.  

When I told Blueberry I thought she was going to pee her pants!  She's so excited she can hardly stand it and it makes me happy to know that she loves him too. It's amazing to me to watch them together.  I honestly never thought I'd find a guy who would love me and Blueberry but he does and I am so incredibly happy!  The wedding is planned for March... let the planning begin!!

3 comments:

mjs said...

SO SO SO happy for all of you! :)

Swenson Family said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so SUPER happy for you, I can't even express it! What a wonderful thing for you 3!!!!! Big hugs and congrats again, and have fun planning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Momma Sunshine said...

Congratulations!! Wonderful news...!