This last weekend SV and I went to Las Vegas. Actually, SV was already there for work, I flew in Friday for the weekend. It was sort of a working weekend for both of us (more on that in another post). I was really excited to be leaving the frozen tundra for a warmer climate. Home ended up with about 12 inches of snow while we were enjoying 65 degree weather!
Anyway, Friday night we had dinner plans and tickets to see Bill Engvall. I had packed a cute skirt and top with super cute sandals. After dinner we walked for a thousand few blocks to see the show. After the show we walked for a few hundred more blocks just wandering in and out of hotels, checking stuff out. By the time we were finished walking around for the night my feet were screaming, but I didn't think too much about it as that was to be expected for choosing to look good over being comfortable.
Never again.
Ever.
From now on it will be tennis shoes with insoles!
My feet were swollen to the size of grapefruits. They were blistered and bleeding. It was not pretty. And I still had a day and a half of walking to do! The next day we bought a pair of cheap flip flops, had to make sure they didn't touch any of my open wounds, and that is what I wore the rest of the trip. However, even then... not good. I wore those all day and all night and by the time I was ready to retire for the night, I discovered a huge blister on the bottom of my foot. I have never had a blister on the bottom of my foot before, it's right on the ball of my foot, and let's just say I don't plan on ever having a blister there again.
When we got home I was still in my cheap flip flops, I couldn't squeeze my still swollen feet into my shoes. My driveway had been plowed out but the sidewalk from the garage to the house was full of snow. If anyone is looking for a new torture method, just make someone walk through a foot of snow in flip flops.
I have not been able to wear shoes since I have been home. I have been wearing my big ugly snow boots to work and then I remove them immediately and work in my socks. I try not to leave my desk any more than I absolutely have to and have come to realize that my sock drawer needs to be updated.
Take it from me, when faced with the choice of style vs comfort... always choose comfort. Always. Especially in a place like Las Vegas. With all there is to look at there is no one who will even notice your sexy shoes. The bleeding blisters, however, will be noticed by everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment