Friday, May 20, 2011

Lucky

Yesterday was "one of those days".  I got some news at work that was extremely disappointing to me.  It put me in a funk for the majority of the day.  When I got home I was really looking forward to my workout.  My treadmill and I are getting to know each other again and it's been really good to get reacquainted. 

I was just finding my groove, the tension was slipping away, when suddenly my friend abandoned me.  Just quit, right there in the middle of my workout.  I know it was old, but still... on the day I needed it the most it let me down.  I finished my workout on my elliptical.  We are not as close as the treadmill and I were.  In fact, we really don't like each other, but sometimes you have to suck it up and play nice anyway. 

Afterward I got to talk to Hubs for a while.  He didn't have any solutions for me but I felt better anyway.  Even though he's 2,000 miles away and it is really hard sometimes, he still has a way of making me feel better at the end of a not so good day.  I am a lucky girl!

No comments: