Monday, August 29, 2011

Becoming a Domestic Goddess

In spite of being mostly a city girl, every once in a while I crave the country and domestic side of life.  I don't know if it is because we are living somewhat in the country now but my inner domestic goddess is coming out.  This weekend was a baking weekend.  I made whole wheat english muffins:

They are surprisingly very tasty and, if I do say so myself, taste a lot like store bought. Only better. 

On Saturday, Blueberry and I went to the farmers market and bought some apples.  I made a scrumptious apple crisp:
(Blueberry dug into it before I could get a picture.)

The last thing on my baking list was homemade bread.  I made a loaf of Honey Wheat bread and again... YUM! 
The bread is not the most attractive thing in the world but looks are deceiving because it was delicious. 

So that was my weekend.  On the list for this next weekend?  I am going to attempt to can apple pie filling.  I've never done any canning before, other than helping my mom when I was a kid, so this should be interesting.  Stay tuned...

No comments: