We have a few window wells around the house and we have had a few snakes fall into them, some frogs and a couple of mice.
The other night I was in the basement, on the computer, happily Pinning away. I heard a strange scratching sound. There were clothes in the dryer and I assumed something had been overlooked in a pocket and was banging on the sides of my new dryer. I was heading up the stairs to investigate when the scratching started again and was coming from the end of the hallway.
When I walked into the spare bedroom and flipped on the light, the little creature above plastered itself against the window. I screamed like a little girl and called Hubs in a panic. He tried to reassure me that it wouldn't somehow claw it's way into the house but he was not very convincing. I don't know what it was exactly, a muskrat? All I know is that it freaked me out.
Hubs took care of it the next day and I will be nagging gently reminding him to get window well covers installed.
2 comments:
Oh my! You really ARE out there in the boonies, aren't you?! with all those creatures taking up residence at your place! Yikes. I would have reacted to it exactly like you did!
Definitely a muskrat my friend. :-)
Post a Comment