Friday, February 10, 2012

All By Myself

I get an evening completely to myself tonight and I cannot say how much I am looking forward to it or I might give off the impression that I would rather be alone every night.

That is not the case.  I love Hubs and Blueberry and I do enjoy our family time, however, I also very much need alone time to recharge my batteries.  I am not a big people person by nature.  It is exhausting to me to be in big crowds and make small talk.  I am much better at the one on one interactions but only if I know the person pretty well. 

Ironically enough my job is in customer service.  I am dealing with people all day, everyday.  It is exhausting.  Sometimes when I get home from work I just want to be left alone.  I don't want anyone to talk to me, I don't want to have to talk to anyone but, with a husband and a child it is pretty hard to get by with silence! 

Tonight Hubs, his brother and Blueberry are going to a basketball game.  I am going to get groceries right after work and then I am going to completely enjoy some "me time".  I am not sure what exactly I will do but  I think it will consist of a whole lot of nothing.  I have been trying to read the Steve Jobs book and I would like to make a dent in that.  I got a magazine in the mail that I would like to sit down and read uninterrupted.  Maybe I will do a little pinning on Pinterest or maybe I will just stay completely unplugged from the computer tonight.  I don't know but I do know that I really need this night and I am going to relish every single second of being alone.

2 comments:

Cara & Fidel said...

You described yourself perfectly. I think we are very similar in that aspect but I can't describe it without sounding like I'm a hermit. I always equate my CSR positions to basically being an actress...haha always on stage. THen I get home and I'm wiped out. Enjoy your time!

mjs said...

I hope you're having a great evening! I totally get the alone thing - even though I'm not surrounded by lots of people all day/every day, the two littles take enough out of me that I often find myself craving total silence where I can just let my thoughts bounce around in my head without constant interruption.

P.S. If the Steve Jobs book is any good, can I borrow it when you're through? I've been on a reading kick lately - finally making some progress on the books on my sidebar!