Sunday, April 14, 2013

Baby's Room

For those of you who have been asking here are a few pictures of what we have done to the baby's room so far:

Looking in from the doorway
 
The quilt on the back of the chair belonged to Hubs when he was a baby
 
A friend at work is making me some prints that I hope to hang on this wall above the book shelf.
 
We plan to hang her name in red letters above the crib
 
The pictures on the changing table is of a momma (or daddy) giraffe and baby giraffe.  I'll have to post a better pic one of these days... it's super cute!
 
Close up of the shelves.  The shoe and book I found at an antique store (yes, mom.  I actually go into antique stores these days).  The clock I won in a silent auction at school and the rest came from Target.
 

 
I really love how this room is coming together.  I struggled for a long time with the colors. I wanted the gray and yellow and I really wanted red accents but it is really hard to find girly decor in red.  I didn't want a room that was super babyish. I wanted classic and timeless and I think we pulled it off pretty well.  There are a few little touches left but for the most part the room is done and ready for our baby girl whenever she decides to make her appearance!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute!! I can see the giraffe picture when I click on it. I love it!

Melanie said...

Great color combo. Love the curtains! Can't wait to see a baby in it!