Thursday, May 23, 2013

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

They say change is a good thing.  Do they also say the more change you can pack into a short period of time the better?  I hope so because that is what we are attempting to do, and some days I think we are insane!  Hubs works on the road.  He is usually gone for months at a time with few breaks in between.  He is supposed to get home one weekend every three weeks, however, a lot of times things come up and he is not able to get home that frequently.  With a new baby to think about and Blueberry becoming involved in more and more, there is a lot that Hubs misses out on when he is on the road.  The job market where we are right now is not good, and there is a lot more opportunity for him in North Dakota. We have our house on the market and the plan is to move up there once the house sells.  Hopefully before school starts this fall.  

Needless to say things are a little overwhelming if I think about them too much.  New baby, packing house, moving, unpacking, getting Blueberry settled in school, learning my way around a new city, eventually trying to find a new job and daycare.  It is a lot.  To say the least.  I love summer time but this year I think I will be glad when it is over and we are settled in wherever we are going to live.

It does make me sad to move.  I love the town we live in now.  It is big enough that we have everything we need right here, yet it still has a small town feeling.  I don't relish the thought of living in a larger city.  

I like the schools  here, the class sizes are not too small but not too big.  I've known most of Blueberry's friends and their parents since preschool, some before that.  I am not too excited about the thought of trying to get to know parents and kids all over again.  

As I was driving through town today, I was reminded again of how pretty it is here.  Main Street still has older buildings that are quaint and charming.  There are many, many parks with lots of green grass and trees. The river runs through town and it is peaceful and picturesque.  

I love our house.  We have an amazing yard that is perfect for kids and a dog.  Our house is big enough to accommodate out of town friends and family.  There really are no major updates we need to do to the house.  We live on a circle, therefore traffic is minimal and there are quite a few kids in the neighborhood for Blueberry to play and ride bike with.  

I really don't want to try to find a new doctor (I've had my doctor since Blueberry was born), dentist (I've had my dentist since I was a kid), eye doctor, chiropractor, etc.  Baby Girl will be pretty tiny yet when we move and it makes me a little uncomfortable to take her to a new doctor when she's so little.

But I also have to keep in mind the reason we are trying to move.  So Hubs can be home more and we can be a family of four full time, not a family of three the majority of the time.  I don't want Hubs to miss out on all of the changes and fun things Baby Girl will go through.  I don't want him to have to miss out on Blueberry's soccer games, dance shows, parent/teacher conferences and his role as homework helper (plus everything else he is to her).   

As comfortable as I am, and as much as I love everything about living here, I know there are good things to trying to move and I know there will be good memories made in a new place.  Now if I can just survive the house showings and packing and unpacking...



No comments: