Well, the doctor confirmed that I did not do irreparable damage with my running. She did strongly advise I DO NOT run again, being that I am nine months pregnant. Unfortunately, the running did not bring on labor. As of last Friday I am only dilated to 1 cm and not softening much. Hopefully that will be different this Friday. I'm ready to meet this baby! Not to mention I am super uncomfortable. It hurts to sit. Hurts to stand. Hurts to walk. Hurts to roll over in bed. Basically just hurts and I am very ready to feel normal again.
Last night I decided I should probably start packing a bag for the hospital. I haven't felt a great urgency to have any of that stuff done. We practiced installing the car seat in the car this last weekend. Blueberry voiced what we all were thinking... we need a bigger vehicle! The car seat cannot be installed behind the driver seat. If Hubs is driving he won't have room for his long legs. So, we have to put it behind the passenger seat which means I will now be riding with my face planted against the windshield. (Not really, but you get the idea). Guess now the decision will have to be made, SUV or minivan? I'm heavily leaning toward SUV but we'll see. We probably won't be changing up the vehicle in the too near future.
In other random news, the girls at work are having a baby shower for me today after school. Should be fun. No offers on our house yet. We had a showing yesterday that could be promising. I won't hold my breath but the feedback was very positive so we will just wait and see what happens.
If anyone has any ideas on how to bring on labor (without involving running) I'm listening! :)
2 comments:
Black and blue cohosh.
Have them strip your membranes.
Post a Comment