I love this picture. To me it speaks volumes of the patience and love these two have for each other. This day, Hubs was teaching Blueberry how to properly clean a shower/tub. Me? I would rather just do it myself. It is a lot faster that way but Hubs realizes how important it is that Blueberry learn this stuff for herself and so he very patiently teaches and teaches.
I knew my husband would be a good dad, even before we had Peanut, because of the way he has been with Blueberry from day one. What I didn't know was how much he would step up to the plate and how much he would really be willing to do/help out with.
When Peanut has a dirty diaper, he is the first one to jump up and willingly change her. When she needs a bottle (I am pumping, not formula feeding), he is right there in the kitchen warming it to just the right temp. He reminds me to give Peanut her Vitamin D drops. He lays on the floor and plays with her while she's getting some exercise. He makes breakfast and lunch for me and Blueberry. He remembers Blueberry's soccer practices and runs her back and forth. He encourages me to take a nap when I need to, and the list could go on and on.
He's also been amazing in teaching Blueberry how to care for her baby sister. He taught her how to use the bottle warmer and get a bottle ready. He taught her how to change diapers (even poopy ones!). He showed her how to feed and burp Peanut. He taught her how to swaddle Peanut just the way she likes. I feel like I haven't done a whole lot but sit back and watch while he takes over my "mom duties" but I know how lucky I am to have a man who is willing to jump in and do so much for our family.
He is the best dad/husband a house full of girls could ask for and I am so happy he's mine!
2 comments:
So sweet. You got a good one!
Awww... I'm so happy you ended up together, too! ;-)
Post a Comment