Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sick Day

Yesterday I got the dreaded call from school. Blueberry had a fever and needed someone to pick her up. I called my mom thinking I could just run Blueberry out to her house for the afternoon. There was no answer. Called her cell phone and found out she was shopping with a friend an hour away. I gladly took a half day of sick time to sit with my sick baby. She didn't have any other symptoms other than the fever and didn't want to do much of anything all day. She did eat and played with her Barbie house briefly but the majority of the day was spent with the two of us curled up on the couch watching mind numbing cartoons.

It isn't very often that Blueberry wants to snuggle anymore. She's growing up, and has no time to sit and cuddle with her mother, which is why I took full advantage of her pathetic state yesterday. I realize that even my "cuddle while you are sick" days are numbered but I will enjoy them as long as I can. Even if it means endless cartoons that cause my brain to atrophy!

No comments: