I am so incredibly frustrated. Blueberry had a field trip today. It was an all day affair. She wanted me to go. I told her I couldn't because I was out Thursday and Friday last week, Monday was a holiday and I had too much work to catch up on at the office. It is now 1:20 in the afternoon and my system has been down all day so far. Of course, I'm the only one in the office down. No one has any idea as to when it might be up and running. And I can't do anything. Computers are great but when everything you do depends on them, they aren't so great anymore!
I should have gone on the field trip. I'm not getting a single thing done at work anyway. I haven't been able to be at school with Blueberry nearly as much as I would have liked this year because of work conflict, and now I've missed out again, and for what?! Talk about Mommy guilt setting in. It is rearing its ugly head in a big way today. Trying to juggle an "outside the home job" and motherhood is no easy task and something always gets short changed. This time it was Blueberry and that sucks. Right now though, all I can do is learn the lesson and move on.... If there is something going on at school I want to be there for it. Work will still be there tomorrow. Opportunities to spend time with Blueberry won't wait until tomorrow. Once the opportunity has passed that's it, there's no getting it back and I don't want to lose out anymore.
2 comments:
I totally hear you!! I wish I could be with my kids all the time and share their days with them more. Yes, the Mommy Guilt is huge. I have some sort of it nearly every day.
We were talking to Naarah yesterday about going on fieldtrips in Kindergarten. We told her that she might get to go places like the fire station. Then i told her that mom could go with to help on the field trip. her response "Do you have to?" There goes my bubble!
Post a Comment