Friday, May 16, 2008

Love/Hate Relationship

Last night, as I was mowing the lawn for the first time this season, it got me thinking about the love/hate relationship I have with a few things that are just a part of life:


Mowing lawn ~ I love the way it looks when it's done. Nice and even, crisp and green. I even love the smell of fresh cut grass but, I hate mowing. It reminds me how incredibly out of shape I am. Not only can I not get the stupid mower started again after I have to shut it off three times to empty the bagger, by the time I'm done mowing, I feel like I've just scaled Mount Vesuvius. Yes, I am a wuss.


The Shower ~ I love taking a shower. The hotter the better. There is not a whole lot that can compare to standing there, steam billowing all around, with a gentle yet forceful stream of water washing away not only the dirt and grime, but the stress and worry of everyday life. I hate cleaning the shower. Give me a choice between the shower or the nasty, poop particle splattered toilet and I will choose the poop particles, hands down, every time.


Cooking ~ Love to cook. Love to bake. Love to try new recipes. Love to try new ingredients. Hate cooking for just the two of us. It is so hard to find recipes for just one or two, every cookbook assumes a family consists of a small army. Therefore, we end up with leftovers for three weeks after the initial meal. If I do manage to eat the same thing for lunch every day for 21 days straight, I'm so sick of it that I never want to make whatever it was again. If I throw it out, I feel guilty about the money I've just thrown into the garbage for the rats to nibble on.

Laundry ~ I love doing laundry. Love the smell of the clothes when they come out of the dryer. I even love to fold clothes. There's something relaxing about the folding. However, I hate putting the clean clothes away. I pile them neatly in the basket and we proceed to dig clean clothes out of the basket as needed until I am forced to put away whatever is left because I need the basket again. I know, doesn't make sense to me either, but that is the one of the joys of being "just the two of us".... things don't always have to make sense!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, i can't seem to email you from my work, can you try to email me? julie@mnspect.com
Thanks!!!