Today I found out that I'm not so good in a crisis. I was sitting at my desk, a co-worker was standing next to me and we were chatting. All of a sudden her sentence trailed off and she started convulsing and falling forward. I called her name a couple of times because I didn't know what was going on and there was no reply. She then started falling backward. I tried to catch her as best I could and lay her down on the floor. I was yelling for our other co-worker. She came running out of her office, hearing the panic in my voice. She saw KD on the floor, ran to the nearest phone and called 911. About that time KD came to and tried to sit up. I told her to lay down and relax. She kept asking what happened and how did she get on the floor. The paramedics showed up and checked her out. Couldn't find anything wrong with her and went on their merry way.
Let me just say, I have not been that scared in a very long time. She was falling in slow motion and yet it was happening really fast. She seems fine now, opted to not go home for the day, (I would have taken a free day off!) and my heart has finally stopped racing and my legs feel a little less wobbly now. As scary as that was, I can't imagine how scared I would be if anything happened to Blueberry. Let's hope I never have to find out!
No comments:
Post a Comment