Can someone please explain to me why dental hygienists insist on carrying on a conversation while they are cleaning your teeth? There you are, lying back in the chair, mouth hanging open, dental tools restricting your ability to swallow, let alone form any kind of sentence, and yet, there she is carrying on a conversation like you are two friends sitting down over a cup of tea.
What is the correct dental chair etiquette? Do you politely attempt to answer the questions being asked, while simultaneously trying not drool all over yourself and the chatty patty cleaning your pearly whites? Or, do you just ignore the questions, watch the tv on the wall, and retreat to your happy place?
1 comment:
Oh that is always such a difficult one to deal with. I have known my hygienist for years, so we like to catch up when we see each other every six months. However, she loves to chat away while she is probing my mouth. I try to just nod and if I have to answer, I talk with the back of my throat. It always amazes me that she understands what the heck I'm saying! My suggestion would be to just stare at the TV and hope that your hygienist will just say things that don't require more than a yes or no answer!
I always smile when I open your page and see that wonderful photo of you and Blueberry smiling at me. You are both too precious!
Hugs,
Debbie
Post a Comment