Well, today I made my first visit to the ER. I've been sick for about 2 weeks now. Stuffy nose, headache, etc. Common cold, right? Friday I woke up and felt like I'd been hit by a bus. I was so weak, dizzy, freezing cold, etc. I took Blueberry to school and then called the clinic. Went in at 2:30, they took blood, testing for mono and did a flu test. Both came back negative. I finally got out of the clinic at 4:30 and left with nothing. They told me that I had a virus that just needed to run it's course.
Today I was feeling worse. I decided to go in to the ER. My mom came in to town and drove me and we sat there for about an hour and a half. They took blood, hooked me up to IV's and filled me with fluid and did chest x-rays. The verdict is that I have bronchitis and a horrendous cold. They've started me on antibiotics and hopefully I'll be well enough that we can leave for San Diego on Wednesday. The way I feel right now it doesn't even seem possible but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
I'm staying at my parents tonight, my mom wanted to be able to keep an eye on me and this way she can get Blueberry ready and off to school tomorrow. So, keep your fingers crossed for a speedy recovery!!
2 comments:
Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Ugh, I feel your pain. I've been sick since Feb 23rd, and I cannot wait for this crap to be over with! I really hope you were able to leave on your vacation!!!
Post a Comment