I am back. Finally. This winter has been one of the worst. Blueberry and I have been sick pretty much the whole winter. If it wasn't me out of commission with something disgusting it was Blueberry. I think we are finally out of the woods and it is beyond time to get back to normal life, including blogging.
I'll start off with an update on our trip to San Diego. We were both a little under the weather on the trip. It was good to get away but we didn't do as much as I had hoped. Oh well, maybe next time. The flight out there was interesting, to say the least. I had been diagnosed three days before with bronchitis and was still pretty sick. I was coughing horribly every 30 seconds and on a completely full flight, someone coughing up a lung next to you does not make for a pleasant trip.
Shortly into our flight, the pilot came on and said that due to weather, we had to take the long route to San Diego. It added about 30 to 45 minutes on our flight time. Blueberry finally fell asleep, I was reading my book (and coughing) and things were going fairly smooth. About an hour outside of San Diego, Blueberry woke up. She immediately started gagging and dry heaving. I grabbed the puke bag that is so kindly offered by the airline, and she proceeded to gag and dry heave for what felt like an eternity. Needless to say, when the plane landed, the woman next to us made a beeline for the exit!
By this time it was around 8:00 San Diego time, 10:00 our time. Between being sick and the time change, we were exhausted. I called our hotel to have them send a shuttle and we waited another half hour for that to show up and whisk us to our cozy bed. We made it to our hotel, got checked in and crashed. The exploring would have to wait until the next day....
No comments:
Post a Comment