Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Friends

Today was a bad day. One of those days where I actually cried at my desk. I can count on one hand the number of times I have done that in the six years I've been at my job. Usually if I cry at work it is because of something work related. Today it was something personal. Someone I care about said something that hurt me, a lot. Fortunately for me I have this wonderful friend who always knows just the right thing to say and before I knew it I was smiling again. I don't have a ton of friends. I'm not one of those people who makes friends very easily. I tend to be on the shy side and sometimes that is interpreted as me being a snob. The few friends I do have are invaluable. There is a saying that your friends are the family you choose, however, I'm not so sure that I'm the one who has chosen my friends. I truly believe God has brought into my life people that He knew I needed when I needed them. Some have come and gone, while others have been around for the long haul.  They've seen me cry tears of intense sorrow and they've seen me laugh so hard I almost wet my pants.  One thing I have learned is that the true friend can see the ugliest thing you have to offer and somehow still love you at the end of the day.  I haven't always been that kind of friend but to my friends who have been that friend to me I want to say thank you.  I don't know what I would do without you all.  And to the friend from today, (you know who you are), thank you for always being there no matter what, and most of all thank you for being able to make me laugh even when I'm crying!

2 comments:

Swenson Family said...

Thinking of you...sorry you had a bad day. I think of you so so so so so so so often. I hope whatever it was...it too will pass and something greater will come for you. Hang in there and hope you have a better day tomorrow! ~Teah

Unknown said...

Thats the worst, you are very blesses to have such good people around you to pick you up. Words are crazy things they are just amazing until they come out. haha Well love you from one more of your friends in for the long haul, even if I am a long haul away.