Thursday, January 17, 2013

I Do... Again? Still?

Since I can no longer wear my wedding ring, Hubs decided I needed a fake ring for the duration of my pregnancy.  I am sure it is because I am so incredibly sexy in my current swollen state... he is afraid of all the men who may start hitting on me! 
 
We wanted something, fake, cheap and not too gaudy.  We finally found something that would be acceptable, on clearance at a popular department store, for only $12.  This would be our only purchase at that particular store. 
 
The cashier (checkout lady?  clerk?) opened the box and exclaimed "Oh, what a beautiful ring".  Hubs and I exchanged "a look" and awkwardly thanked her.  As she handed over the receipt she said "I hope everything works out for you two".  I did manage to hold in my laughter until we were outside the store.  Was it the swollen belly that she was wishing us luck on?  Did she really think we were buying an engagement ring? 
 
Once out of the store Hubs playfully asked me if I would marry him and then more seriously said "I wonder what it is about me that makes her think I couldn't afford to buy you more than a $12 ring?". 
 
So far the ring has done its job in warding off other men and my finger has yet to turn green! 

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Hilarious! Post a pic of your new rock!