We had our ultrasound last Friday. All is well. Baby is measuring right on target and it's a GIRL!!! I was shocked when the ultrasound tech said girl. I was completely convinced that we were having a boy and it took a little while for it to sink in that I had been wrong. Hubs was shocked too as I had him convinced that it was a boy as well. He was kind of quiet about it for a little bit but now he is on a mission to redo our current playroom... and it's gonna be girly! He wants to put in a bench/toy box along one wall. A chalkboard/whiteboard on another wall and he is going to build a dollhouse on another wall... I think he is looking forward to another girl!
The only bummer right now is that the little stinker is breech. I knew she was even before the ultrasound because her kicks have all been super low. I'm crossing my fingers big time that she turns because I would really like to avoid a c-section if I can.
Speaking of kicks, I have been feeling them a lot stronger lately and Hubs got to feel her kick for the first time last night. She put on quite a show for him. I think that was the longest she's kicked so far and there were a few pretty strong ones in there. It was pretty cool. Now we have to get her to kick when Blueberry is around!
I've been feeling really good lately except for the pesky pregnancy carpal tunnel. It is a lot worse at night and last night I ended up sleeping in the basement in the recliner again. The recliner seems to relieve the pressure somewhat in my arms and hands and makes sleeping a little easier, although it still isn't a great sleep. I should be good and used to sleepless nights by the time this little bean arrives!
2 comments:
Happy halfway point! I love hearing about all of the "nesting" Hubs has been doing! :) Here's hoping baby will do a few flips and end up the right way for the final test!
I miss you. :(
I want to feel kicks!
Post a Comment