Friday, November 22, 2013

Sleep Is NOT Overrated!

Peanut has been a horrible sleeper since she was born.  She has always fought taking a nap.  She slept through the night for a few nights when she first started daycare but other than that she's been up at least two but, more often three or four, times a night since we brought her home.  This momma is TIRED!  My house is a disaster all the time because I have no energy to tackle anything.  I can go to bed at 8:30 pm and fall asleep before my head hits the pillow.  I can take a 3 hour nap on a Sunday afternoon and easily go to bed by 9:00 pm.  I'm tired of being tired.
 
Last night we had a breakthrough *knock on wood*.  And with that breakthrough brings some mommy guilt.  I think my poor baby has been hungry, hence the crying multiple times in the night.  Daycare started feeding her baby food for breakfast and lunch this week.  She's actually slept a whole hour at a time when she naps!  This is huge as her record before was about 40 minutes and that was rare.  Most of the time she only napped for 20 to 30 minutes at a time, maximum.
 
She gets baby food for supper and I've started giving her cereal before her bath and a bottle right before she goes to bed.  Last night she had 3 Tbsp. of cereal mixed with formula, a bath and then a 4 ounce bottle after that.  She was asleep by 8:00 and slept until 5:00.  She woke up long enough to have a bottle and I had to wake her up to get ready for daycare just before 7:00. 
 
The night before she had 2 ounces of cereal and a bottle and slept from 8:00 until 2:00.  I'm hoping tonight we see another all nighter.  She's definitely a healthy eater.  Just wish I would have started the cereal right before bed a long time ago.  (She's been on baby food/cereal for about a month now).  I'm cutting myself a little slack as it has been almost 12 years since I did this whole baby thing, and that baby was an awesome sleeper from the start, so this time around is a whole new ball game. 
 
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that being hungry really has been the problem and I can finally start catching up on some much needed zzzz's!

No comments: