Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Ugh

Tomorrow afternoon I put Blueberry on an airplane by herself for the first time.  I knew I would have a hard time, and I knew I would probably cry when I got back to the car after her plane takes off, however, what I didn't know is that the crying would start tonight.  I really hate the thought of tomorrow.  Of course, my mind can't stop thinking the worst.  What if something happens in flight; bad turbulence, crash, terrorists (ridiculous, I know, but at school I am in a terrorism class and they have been talking a lot about 9/11).  What if any of those things happen and she is scared and all alone with a bunch of strangers?! 

In the back of my mind I always knew the day would come when I would have to put her on a plane alone to go see her dad, but I thought that day was still a long way off.  Now that it is here it is freaking me out more than I thought it would, and so far I've done a pretty good job of just not thinking about it, however, tomorrow is coming fast and I can't not think about it anymore.

I will breathe a sigh of relief when I know she has reached her destination safely, and I will breathe an even bigger sigh of relief when she is back home, safe and sound.

2 comments:

Swenson Family said...

Huge hugs mama!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh no! I didn't know she was flying alone! How'd she do??