While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about. ~Unknown~
Thursday, June 19, 2008
A Budding Relationship
Over the last few weeks there has been a pair of ducks hanging around my house. Most mornings, when I leave for work, I find them sitting on my roof. The first few times I saw them, they were on their perch, going through the awkward "checking each other out stage". Little glances here and there, close to each other but not too close. I'm sure they didn't want the other ducks starting any rumors, at least not until they themselves had figured out their feelings and how they wanted to act on them. As the weeks have gone by it has become more and more apparent that the ducks are now in a real relationship. They are no longer afraid to be seen together. This morning I was even awakened by their loud quacking, letting the whole world know they were up there and they were together. At least someone (or something) is getting a little action at my house. Maybe I need to move up to the roof.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment