In about month I will have another birthday. With the big 3-0 staring me in the face I've been thinking lately about the last decade and what it has held for me. There have been so many changes and so many different experiences. Some really good, some not so good but at the end of the day I don't have a lot of regrets. Sure, at times I have thought about what things would be like had I made other choices, but if I had would I still be who I am right now? I know I have a lot to learn yet and things to experience but here's a little sample of what the last 10 years have been like for me:
I had 4 different roommates
I lived in 4 different cities, 2 different states, 5 different apartments, 5 different houses (yes, I've moved A LOT)
Bought my first house
Bought a new car and a new small SUV (traded car, still have SUV)
Took my first and second trips to Mexico
Went Deep Sea Fishing off the coast of Mazatlan
Had my first white water rafting experience in Idaho
Visited Sea World in San Diego (third trip to San Diego)
Played in Las Vegas on multiple occassions
Skiied in Utah
Was employed by 6 different employers
Had first baby (delivered that baby drug free)
Watched baby start Kindergarten
Was engaged once (cancelled the wedding a week before it was to happen)
Lost 3 Grandparents
Had my heart broken
Welcomed a niece and nephew (soon to welcome another nephew and one that is going to be a surprise)
Was Maid of Honor in a friends wedding, Personal Attendant in another friends wedding
Took my first trip to Canada
Experienced the Grand Canyon
Went to Roswell, NM and saw the aliens
Saw Tiger Woods play at the Phoenix Open
Was in 15 different states on various vacations
Turning 30 doesn't bother me like I thought it would. My journey has been pretty great so far. There have been mistakes, lots of mistakes, and some failure. I have cried tears, both of joy and sorrow. But I have also grown and learned a little more about myself along the way. I have an amazing daughter who has brought more joy to my life than I ever could have imagined possible. I have made some amazing friends who have come into my life at just the right time for just the right purpose. I am excited to begin the next chapter and can't wait to see what the next 10 years has in store.
1 comment:
wow when you list it that way you have been living full life! Often find myself wondering what the next year will bring, next 10 will be breath taking.
Post a Comment