Monday, November 10, 2008

Hits and Misses

The other night I decided to try making sweet and sour chicken for supper. This particular concoction was from a box. I don't very often use boxed meals, but they had been on sale, I was in need of something quick so wah lah, the sweet and sour chicken it was. Sweet and sour sauce is generally fairly strong smelling but this particular sauce seemed doubly strong. I scooped a little onto Blueberry's plate and set it in front of her. Immediately she wrinkled her nose and declared that our supper smelled like stinky feet. I coaxed her into trying a small bite, after which she confirmed that not only did it smell like stinky feet but it tasted like stinky feet too! I have never had the experience of eating stinky feet but I had to agree that the meal wasn't fit for human consumption. Into the trash it went while we went on to our next fine dining experience of chicken nuggets.

---------------------------------------------------

The next night I tried a new Mexican recipe. Corn tortillas, tomatoes, cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soup, cheese, etc. The smell this time was YUMMY. I set some in front of Blueberry. There was no wrinkling of the nose. She took her first bite, I waited on pins and needles as her eyes rolled back in her head. She dropped her fork, rubbed her belly and exclaimed, "mmmmm, that is so good I think I might faint". I think we are better off with the meals from scratch rather than the stinky feet boxed meals.

---------------------------------------------------

In other, non-food, related Blueberry funnies, we had the following conversation the other day:

B: Mom, can you comb my hair?
M: Really? Why? (It was Saturday. We don't usually comb Blueberry's hair on Saturday because she despises having her hair combed)
B: Because it is a dreadful mess.

Found the use of dreadful kind of funny. I was expecting her to lapse into a British accent at any moment!

No comments: