Yesterday I woke up feeling like I had been hit by a train. Blueberry has kindly passed her sickness on to me. I went in to complain to my loving daughter and get a little sympathy, and her response? "I don't care if you're sick. It's not my problem". No, I did not strangle her, although I was tempted.
Instead I reminded her how she had felt when she was sick. All she wanted to do was lay down for two whole days and not do anything, including eat. I explained to her that was exactly how I felt, but instead of being able to lay down and have someone wait on me hand and foot I had to get up, make breakfast, take her to skating lessons, take her to a friends for a play date, and put plastic on our windows so we don't freeze to death this winter. I firmly told her that my being sick was, in fact, her problem, because if I decided to lay around all day she wasn't going anywhere.
I think I got my point across because she did apologize and even offered to dust the furniture, without being prompted. She spent the night with my mom last night so I could get some rest, and she will be home later today. Ready to offer comfort and sympathy, I'm sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment