Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Routine Begins

The lazy days of summer are over in our house.  School started today for me and Blueberry and Peanut had her first day of daycare! 

This one is kind of blurry.  It's not that easy to take a picture while holding a baby!
 
Ready for daycare
 
Both of my beauties
 
Blueberry was so nervous this morning.  I could tell partly because she was snapping at me for every little thing I said.  She and I got home at the same time today and I was relieved to hear she had a great day.  She found all of her classes, got her locker opened okay, had lunch with her friends and so far likes her teachers.  I think the transition into middle school with be a smooth one.
 
Peanut also had a great day.  When I picked her up they said that she had little cat naps all day but she was very smiley and happy when awake.  I got a big grin from her when I picked her up so that was good.  I did shed a tear or two on my drive to work but it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and I really do like the daycare.
 
My first day back at school was a good one too.  It was good to see the kids again and fun to have my adult time with the teachers.  I know some people think I should stay home with Peanut, however, it is just not in me to stay home every day.  I need adult interaction and I need to feel like my brain is being stimulated by more than just baby play.  I admire moms who stay home and come up with fun, creative activities for their kids.  The beauty of people is that we are all different and it is our differences that should be celebrated.  Unfortunately, all too often, moms are the first to judge each other instead of providing support in the one goal we all have in common; to love our kids and raise them the best way we can.  A happy mom makes for happy kids and I am happy working. 
 
I really did not intend to jump on my soap box in this post.  I will be climbing off now.  All in all, a good day was had by all.  It will be nice to get back into a routine.  Hubs starts his new job tomorrow and hopefully his day goes just as smooth.  Will be anxiously waiting to hear about it at the end of the day tomorrow!

No comments: