Thursday, December 17, 2009

Music to my ears

Blueberry and I have a ritual of snuggling in her bed every night before she goes to sleep.  We lay on her bed and talk about how our day went and just lots of miscellaneous stuff.  Last night was no different, she told me about her day, we discussed our upcoming vacation and then the conversation went like this:

B:  Mom, I really like snuggling before bed.

Me:  Me too.  When your dad is here do you snug with him?

B:  (Looking horrified)  NO!!  THAT IS GROSS!!  I don't snuggle with MEN!  Or BOYS!

Me:  That's good, but I bet when you're older you'll snuggle with boys.

B:  NO WAY!!  Well, maybe when I'm 80.  If a boy ever asks me to snuggle with him though, I'm going to tell him that there's no snuggling until I'm 80!

If only I really didn't have to worry about Blueberry and boys until she turned 80!  If she's anything like her mother, I don't have much longer before I have a boy crazy girl on my hands.  I can feel the gray hairs coming in just thinking about it!

No comments: