Saturday, December 12, 2009

Teeth and Boogies

Yesterday was our semi-annual checkup at the dentist.  On the ride there Blueberry suddenly threw her head back and asked:

B:  Hey mom, do you see any boogers in my nose?

Me:  Um, no.  Should I be seeing boogers in your nose?

B:  No.  I just wanted to make sure because when I have my head back for them to clean my teeth I don't want to have any boogers in there.

I have to say, she is sooo my daughter.  I have a phobia about visible boogers.  Seems I have passed that phobia on to Blueberry.  We need to buy stock in Kleenex.

We left the dentist office cavity free.  Blueberry has not had a cavity so far in her (almost) eight years and it has been quite a few years since I had a cavity filled.  We are free and clear for another six months.

2 comments:

said...

You two are so freakin' adorable.

And regarding the snow shoveling experience in your previous post? Oh hell no. I'd move to Hawaii with you!

:)

Ken Pinney said...

Hi, I can't even pick up your name just yet... but I ran across you blog while scanning some of the suggested "people you may know" on Facebook. I am one of the workers in Colorado.

I enjoyed looking at your blog a little bit. You have a big task in raising a child alone. I love the quote sections. Especially the one on the heading of your blog about teaching the children and them teaching us.

Good luck and thanks for sharing. I have found out that blogging helps me to sort through life a bit myself. Writing it helps me know what happened.

Ken Pinney.

ps. wonder if we have ever met. I was in ND for 10 years and just came to CO in 2008.