Thursday, December 10, 2009

'Tis the Season

We had our first winter snow storm Tuesday night.  I need to move to Hawaii. 

Yesterday morning I set my alarm for 5:00 so I could get outside bright (well, it's still pitch black at 5 am) and early to shovel my driveway.  My denial button works great because at 6:00 and I was still in bed and a mini panic attack ensued.  I flew out of bed and promptly ran into the door jam in my delirious state.  Lovely start to the day, let me tell ya! 

I do have to say, when it comes to needing to shovel, I am glad that it is dark at 6:00 in the morning.  I looked quite a sight.  Snowpants that have become slightly too tight, (I can so button the button, I was just too rushed to take the time) squeezed over my pajama bottoms.  A big winter coat complete with scarf and gloves thrown over my pajama top.  Manly winter boots over two pairs of socks.  And the best part?  The hideous hat to cover my bedhead.  According to my lovely brother, the hat makes me look like a lesbian boy.  I scare children and small dogs in that outfit.

I managed to get out the door by 6:08.  I fell into a nice groove, push shovel, lift, grunt, throw, push shovel, lift, grunt, throw.  I was rather enjoying the quiet.  And the dark.  When all of a sudden, a psychotic woman jogged past my house.  I understand jogging at 6:15 am.  I do not understand jogging outside when it is 190 degrees below zero.  Are there no gyms open at 6:15 am?  Does the woman not own any workout DVD's??  I was going to offer to let her run on my treadmill but by the time my frozen brain had processed what I was seeing, she was well past my house. 

This morning I woke up happy in the knowledge that I did not have to get out and shovel.  My happiness was short lived.  I couldn't move.  Not without every muscle in my entire body screaming in pain.  I either need to move to Hawaii or I need to hire someone with a snowblower to take care of my driveway. 

You over there.   Hush up.  I do not need to just get into better shape by lifting weights and running more often!

No comments: