Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Great Shuttle Debacle

There was one small issue with the wedding, or rather transportation to the wedding site, that I left out.  I wasn't sure I wanted to admit that I'm not perfect (I know, that comes as a great shock).

When I originally booked the wedding, the coordinator I talked to mentioned that we would want a shuttle for the wedding guests because we had over 20 people.  The reason being, it would be easier to have everyone in one vehicle, no one gets lost, everyone is on time, and all that jazz.  I received a confirmation email from the company containing all the details we had talked about, flowers, pictures, what kind of ceremony we wanted, location, etc.  I read through everything, looked good to me.  Forwarded a copy to Hubs and figured we were good to go until I had to make the final payment four weeks before the wedding.

Fast forward to the night before we were to be hitched.  I received a call from the wedding coordinator.  I missed the call because I didn't hear my phone ring (imagine that in Las Vegas.  Might need to get my ears checked).  She left a detailed message about what was in store for the next day.  She gave me details about the limo but nothing about the shuttle we were to have for all of our guests.  I tried calling her back 45 10 times that night before they closed, but got no answer.  I wasn't too worried at that point.  I had most of the next day to call and be reassured that she just forgot to mention the shuttle.

Next morning we went to breakfast, I kept trying to call, kept getting voicemail.  At that point I was stressing a little.  Finally 8,500 hours later I got a live person on the other end of the phone.  I casually asked about the shuttle and she just as casually informed me that I was supposed to have arranged that and the information was in my confirmation email. 

*Crickets*

I politely thanked her and then had a panic attack, racking my brain, trying to recall where in the email it said transportation was MY responsibility!  I thought they were supposed to take care of everything!  I decided to call the concierge since he had been so helpful with finding flowers for my hair.  He stated he would see what he could do but wasn't sure what would be available with only a couple of hours notice.  That is the point my mom, Gram, Blueberry and I went to pick up my hair flowers.

When we got back from the flower shop the poor little concierge was still on the phone.  We got up to the room and he called shortly thereafter.  With good news!  He found someone who could help us out!  For the low, low price of $700.00.  Yes, seven hundred dollars.  For approximately three hours.  My heart sank as I bid him thanks but no thanks.  Now what.  My stressing out brain could not think rationally and thankfully mom and Gram had clear heads.  We sat down with a piece of paper, wrote out who all needed a ride and then figured out how much room we had between two minivans, a small car and a limo.  We had just enough.  Thank goodness.  Everyone had a ride.  No one had to sit on anyone else's lap.  The kids were able to stay buckled safely in their car seats.  Crisis diverted. Thankfully that was the only crisis of the wedding and really, when all was said and done it was merely a blip to an otherwise perfect day.

No comments: