Monday, April 11, 2011

Wedding

The ride out to Valley of Fire was fairly uneventful.  We had four car fulls including the limo.  I rode out with my sister, brother-in-law and Gram.  My parents were in a car w/Hubs parents.  Both of my brothers and their significant others rode in a vehicle and Hubs and his brothers and sister-in-law and Blueberry rode in the limo.  Getting down into the Valley of Fire, the road seemed to get a little more narrow and there were some curves and hills.  I was sure that when we arrived at our destination, Blueberry would be horribly car sick.

Once we arrived all was well.  The photographer (below) was there:
 Along with the minister:
(We were not surcharged for Elvis... he was part of our package deal!)

After we got our very basic instructions it was time to begin.

(Waiting to walk down the aisle)

(Getting Started)

I will honestly say that I do not remember much of what we said, what we promised, etc.  For all I know I promised to wax his legs.  I don't know if I'm the only one this has happened to but most of the vows are a blur to me.  It seemed like everything happened so fast.  I am so very glad we have a DVD of the wedding to watch.  Hopefully I am not sorry when I realize what I vowed to do for the rest of my life! 

I am pretty sure the above picture was the part where the minister was being very serious, telling me to repeat after him that from this day forward, I would be the boss.  I was so not expecting that but it is the one thing I remember from our vows!

(Exchanging Rings)

(I now pronounce you Husband & Wife)

(I can't seem to find a picture of the actual kiss so this one from our dinner will have to do)

Lots more pictures were taken.  The sun was out and it was shining right in our eyes which became a little uncomfortable after a while.  I guess our watery eyes made it look like we were crying tears of joy, but the truth is there was only one person who cried at our wedding.  It wasn't me.  It wasn't Hubs.  In fact it wasn't even anyone we remotely knew.  We found out later than an innocent bystander, who had happened to be checking out the park the same time we got married, stood to the side and with tears streaming down his face proclaimed that it was the most beautiful thing he had ever witnessed.  I was too focused on Hubs and the vows I didn't notice anyone else.  It is probably a good thing. I would have been a little weirded out by that I think.

Finally it was time to bid the Valley of Fire goodbye and head back to the big city for a Mexican fiesta...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I didn't know about the crying bystander!! Creepy. I like the limo picture.