Meanwhile, Blueberry figured this was as good a time as any to remove her tennis shoes and let her toes enjoy the freedom of flip flops. After a few minutes it was time to board the plane. The ticket counter lady (not sure what their official title is) never got back to me regarding our seat change so we were hopeful there would be a kind soul on the plane who would be willing to change seats with me.
After standing in the endless line and walking the 4 miles through the tunnel, we came to the actual airplane. The friendly flight attendants were at their post, greeting all the passengers. When it was my turn to be greeted, I asked if there would be space in their top secret closet to hang my dress. Again, I got the "you are an alien" look and was told very firmly they had no such place on the aircraft and that I would have to store my preshus dress in the overhead bin. Needless to say, I was slightly irritated. We found our seats, (thank you to the lady who traded with me), Hubs shoved my dress in the overhead (to his credit he did try to be careful with it) and we settled in for the long flight.
(Hubs says it looks like I'm saying a pre-flight prayer for the safekeeping of my dress)
(Hubs & Blueberry)
The flight was uneventful. Blueberry talked her seat mate's ear off while I did a lot of this:
(It was the day before my wedding, I needed all the beauty sleep I could get!)
Once the plane landed and we were on solid ground again, it was the typical wait for my bag, hail a cab and head to the hotel. We got ourselves checked in, dumped everything off in Hubs room and went to meet his parents and brother. (My sister and brother and families were out exploring the strip). We had lunch with Hubs parents and brother and then met up with my siblings. Hugs and How Are Yous all around and then everyone went their separate ways. My sister and brothers took Blueberry with them so she could hang out with her cousins. The in-laws went exploring and Hubs and I went to get our marriage license.
One scary cab ride later we were downtown. Getting the license was pretty quick and painless. We turned in our application, paid the fee and were on our way. Since we were only a few blocks from the Pawn Stars pawn shop we decided to to go check it out. The line to get in was fairly long and didn't appear to be moving very fast so we settled for taking pictures of the outside instead of actually going inside.
After that little detour we thought we'd check out Fremont Street. In all the times I've been to Las Vegas I had never gone down to Fremont St. It was interesting. We wandered in and out of stores, watched people, had a caricature drawn (looked nothing like either of us, but the guy tried).
We had plans to meet up with everyone for dinner. We had decided to try out the buffet at the Mirage. Can I just say YUM?! They had anything you could ever want to eat and the best looking desserts I've ever seen at a buffet. We all stuffed ourselves and then caught a few shows on the strip. Once we had ooohed and aaaahed over the shows it was time to head back to the hotel and get some rest before the big day...

No comments:
Post a Comment