I best get to documenting the wedding. It all went by so fast but it was perfect. We left the house around 6:30 am Friday morning (the 25th). I was exhausted. Stayed up way too late the night before finishing up the packing, downloading more songs onto my iPod; you know, important stuff.
We made it to the airport with plenty of time to check my bag, get breakfast and wait for our plane. A few days before we left I called the airline (which shall remain nameless) and inquired about whether or not there would be a place on the plane to hang my wedding dress. I was told that yes, they would have a spot but I would have to reserve the space when we checked in. All well and good.
When we got to the counter to check my bag I told the very crabby lovely lady that I would like to reserve space to hang my dress. She looked at me like I was the most idiotic person on the face of the earth and exclaimed they had no such place on the airplane. I politely told her that I had talked to someone and they said in fact there was a place. Again, she denied the claim. Seeing I was about to lose my patience just a smidge, the Hubs told me we'd just talk to the people at the gate. We walked away with me muttering how rude she was and Hubs assuring me they would help me at the gate, (the bag check people don't know what they are talking about).
(My best upset face)
We proceeded to breakfast (Arbys) and then went to wait at the gate. After sitting for a little while a funny looking guy went behind the counter and started clicking on the computer. As it was getting to be boarding time I went to stand in line to discuss my dress issue (I was first in line, woohoo). I started explaining my dilemma to him and he looked at me, again like I was an idiot, and said "ma'am, I don't work for the airline. I work for the Internet Service Provider". Oh, whoops. Feeling rather stupid, I took my dress and sat back down. A few minutes later a legitimate airline employee took up their post at the counter and once again I stood in line.
When it was finally my turn I first asked about changing seats. Blueberry and Hubs were seated together but I was sitting a few rows away. I asked if we could get seats together. And oh joy, another rude pleasant unnamed airline employee. She briskly informed me it was a full flight and she'd see what she could do but not to count on anything. Okay then. I moved on to my next question, reserving a place for my dress. She didn't look at me like I was stupid. Just said that I would need to talk to a flight attendant when I boarded the plane and they would take care of hanging my dress.
(Relieved, no worries about wrinkles!)
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment