Thursday, January 12, 2012

Chiropractor

I had my first ever chiropractor visit the other day.  I have always been somewhat skeptical of chiropractors and I have to say after two visits now I am not any more of a believer than I was before my visits.  The doctor I went to came highly recommended by quite a few people but I feel absolutely no different.  Why is it that when other people go for a treatment they sing the praises of the treatment and how great they feel.  When I go I leave feeling exactly the way I did when I walked in the door.

I will give it a few more treatments but I am not convinced in the miracle of a chiropractic treatment thus far.

3 comments:

Cara & Fidel said...

Personally i think it's like a placebo. But then again I only went one time when i was in severe pain. I felt the same when I left. Perhaps you need twice a month massages.

Swenson Family said...

We've had AMAZING results and maybe it's the wrong method for you...possibly keep looking.

Melanie said...

Count me in as one who walks out feeling pretty much the same as when she did when she walked in! Granted, I've only gone a handful of times, and only for specific injuries...but I think what helped the most is the muscle relaxer machine thingy they put on the spot where my muscles were spasming...I believe that a massage and heat would have worked just as well. The cracking/adjusting did nothing for me. Good luck in your quest to find out if it works for you!