Sunday, January 29, 2012

New Year, New Me - Week Four

Week four stats:
 - Lost .6 pounds.  Yes, that is point six, not six. 
 - Worked out 4.5 days (I say 4.5 because the half day I didn't really give it my all and pooped out after  a half hour.  Normally I do an hour at a time.)
Total pounds lost in four weeks = 3.

Although I did not lose much in terms of weight, this week was my week to measure to see if I'm losing inches.  I am pleased to report that I lost a half inch on each of my arms, a half inch on each of my thighs and two inches from my waist.  I'm not sure how that is possible but that's what the tape measure said.  I did it a few times just to be sure!  So far nothing from my wide hips.

I am disappointed in my weight progress, however, these next four weeks I am not going to focus so much on the scale.  There are other victories to celebrate, such as the decrease in inches.  Also, I have been noticing that my workouts are getting a little easier.  I'm not as exhausted when I am done, it takes longer to get my heart rate up (I wear my heart rate monitor faithfully).  I stopped in at my friend Cara's the other day.  She lived on the second floor of an apartment complex, at the end of the hall.  On my way out I jogged down the hall and down the stairs and I was not winded!  Four weeks ago I wouldn't have been able to breathe by the time I made it back to the car. 

Even though the scale may not be reflecting a whole lot of progress, I am making strides.  This week my non scale goals are:
 - Eat 4 servings of veggies a day.
 - Work out four days.
 - Do Pilates at least 3 mornings this week (along with my normal evening workouts).

Week 5, here I come...

1 comment:

mjs said...

Yeah, the scale can definitely be deceiving... I gained fat in undesirable areas after baby #2 and clothes didn't fit as well since I wasn't eating very healthy or exercising like I should, but the scale didn't show it! Muscle weighs more than fat so I'm sure you're making progress - it's great to have other methods to mark your progress with the HR monitor and measurements. Rock on!