Sunday, March 25, 2012

Weekend

I don't know what it is but it seems like I am a lot more productive when Hubs is gone.  This weekend was a busy one with lots and lots of cooking.  I am trying to go more homemade with what we eat.  First I made some whole wheat banana waffles that I froze and we can pop in the toaster for a quick weekday breakfast.

Then it was on to Blueberry Flaxseed muffins.  I froze a bunch of these too to have on hand for busy mornings.

I also made a fruity granola bar thing a majig.  I can't remember the official name of it.  The recipe said to put them in an 8x8 pan and this was the closest I had, however, next time I will just use a 9x13 as there is a LOT of crust.  They taste pretty good though.  Fresh strawberries and blueberries in the midle. 

I attempted to make some multigrain rolls, however, they were a flop.  They tasted ok but I never did get them to rise and they were about the size of golf balls.  Better luck next time on those.  I made homemade seasonings.  Taco Seasoning and Italian Herb Seasoning.

I cooked up a big pot of Minestrone soup.  I want to use that for lunch this week.  I have a couple appointments over my lunch hour this week and I don't want to rely on fast food.  So, I will have some soup with a sandwich or salad instead.  I tasted the soup before putting it away and it was delicious!

The only other food project I did was roast two whole chickens.  We ate part of one for lunch today and then I froze the meat from the leftovers of that one and the other whole chicken to use later for tacos or salads or whatever.  I also got caught up on laundry, took Bella for a couple of walks, gave her a bath, read some more of my book, updated my blog a couple of times and now I'm ready for bed and it's only 7:15!  Who know cooking could be so exhausting?! 

2 comments:

Swenson Family said...

High five! Way to go lady! Now send some of that food motivation over this way please!!!! :o) I would love to stock my freezer with all that yummy stuff!

Unknown said...

Yeesh! I'd say productive is an understatement!!!