Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Organizing & English Muffins

On Sunday I decided to try to make English muffins.  We go through quite a few of them, and in the spirit of trying to save on our grocery bill, I thought it might be best to try making them.  They actually turned out pretty good.  I made them with whole wheat flour which does change them a bit I think but they are very tasty.  While they were sitting unattended for two hours to raise I cleaned out Peanut's closet.  It was a big job.  I have just been haphazardly throwing things in there so it was time to get some organization in that space. 

Left side before
 
Right side before
 
During
 
Left side after
 
Right side after
 
Please note the awesome vacuum marks on the carpet in the mirror.  A post is coming all about my new vacuum.  I LOVE it!  But I digress.  The closet looks so much better and it is really nice to have everything organized and in its place.  Who knew I would end up with a whole floor empty on half the closet! 
 
Once the closet was done it was time to finish the English muffins. 
 


Raspberry jam.  YUM!
 

Obviously, some of the muffins came out more flat than others and they weren't all perfect circles but they all tasted the same and for my first attempt with this no bake method I think they turned out pretty good.  I ended up with 24 muffins at a fraction of the cost a package of six or eight costs.  All in all a success in my book!

 
 


3 comments:

Unknown said...

No bake English muffins?? Send me your recipe!

Unknown said...

PS They look yummy, and the closet is awesome!

Melanie said...

Ohhh, I love before and after pics! And well-organized areas...nice job!

I'll look forward to the post about your new vacuum. Every time I pull mine out (and it'll only become more frequently...), I mutter a few choice words because it does such a horrible job! So I may be in the market for a new one...

Yes, post the recipe for the English muffins!